Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable
contributions made by their employees. Some even match gifts made
by retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for companies
to support higher education and a chance for you to double or even
triple your gift!
Gift matching procedures vary from company to company. The following example is typical:
- An employee obtains a matching gift form from the employer, usually from the human resources department or website.
- After completing the form, the employee sends it, along with the donation, to Oakland University.
- The university certifies on the form that
it has received the gift and meets the company’s guidelines for
receiving a matching gift.
- The university returns the form to the company.
- The company verifies eligibility of the employee and gift recipient and sends a check to Oakland University.
You can search this online database of thousands of companies to see
if your employer sponsors a matching gift program. To find out if
you are eligible for this benefit, enter the name of your employer
If you are eligible, this search function will provide details
on how to initiate a matching gift with your employer. Most companies
have matching gift forms available through their personnel office
that you fill out and mail to us. We do the rest!
Please mail matching gift forms to:
John Dodge House
Rochester, MI 48309-4402
Or contact Starr Cornell for more information:
Phone: (248) 364-6163
Fax: (248) 364-6141